Glycerol 4mg Suppositories for Adults 12 Pack
Glycerol 4g Suppositories are used to help treat constipation in infants. The stimulant laxatives trigger the nerves of the lower intestines which helps increase the gut motility. This then provides rapid relief from constipation. Suitable to use for acute and temporary relief.
You Must Be Aged Over 18 Years to Purchase This Product.
Who can use?
For adults and children over 12 years of age,
How to use?
- Always use this medicine exactly as described in the leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Wash hands before opening individual packaging. If the suppository is too soft, it may be chilled in the refrigerator or under cold running water before unwrapping.
- To remove a suppository tear one from the strip along the perforations then peel it from the plastic wrapping by grasping the two halves if the wrapping at the tip of the suppository and pulling them gently apart. The tip should be moistened with a little cold water to aid insertion.
- Using your index finger or middle finger, whichever you find easier, gently push the suppository into the rectum. The suppository is shaped for rectal insertion, ensure the tip of the suppository is inserted first.
- The Suppository should be inserted as far as possible, pushing the end of the suppository sideways to ensure contact with the wall of the bowel.
- The suppository should be in place for at least 15-20 minutes if possible. If you feel the suppository must come out immediately, it has been inserted high enough.
- You may feel an immediate urge to go to the toilet. Try to ignore this as the suppository will not work for at least 15 minutes.
Possible side effects
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are using Glycerol Suppositories. This medicine helps most people with constipation but it may have unwanted side effects in a few people. All medicines can have side effects.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist to answer any questions you may have.
- Glycerol suppositories are generally well tolerated. However, you may experience abdominal cramps or bowel irritation.
- If you are concerned by any of these reactions, discontinue use and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice anything that is making you feel unwell. Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some people.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
READ THE PATIENT LEAFLET BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.
Shipping & Dispatch
We can ship to the UK and Europe. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. There are multiple restrictions on online selling of non prescription medicines so every case is judged on an individual basis. We cannot ship medicines outside the EU. Transit times can vary from country to country and some countries are considered slow transit. (please see below). We are not liable for customs or duties to be paid on items entering another country outside the Republic of Ireland. These are the purchasers responsibility.
Our main priority is you. You've chosen to order with us and we really appreciate your custom, therefore, we aim to dispatch as quick as we can and generally our record is within 3-5 days.* Please note, this is the time we dispatch from our warehouse. Please allow time for delivery in addition to this. The length of time to reach your address can vary according to postal services and location.
Postal and courier services operate Monday-Friday.
*with the exception of busy periods such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas, restock times and when we have a specific SALE on. Even then, our main priority is to get you your order dispatched as soon as we can.
Once We Dispatch
PLEASE NOTE: Dispatch time is between 3-5 days. You will receive an email to confirm your order has left our warehouse. Once we have dispatched, unfortunately the time it takes to reach you is out of our control. Delivery times can vary from country to country. We can give you an estimated time only. The postal services we use are DPD , Royal Mail and Parcelforce.and we use their transit estimator which gives an estimated transit time from Ireland to your country. Transit times vary according to the size and weight of a package.
Estimated Transit Times
- To Ireland: 1-2 business days after dispatch. Courier transit times are generally 24 hours, max 48 hours.
- To the UK: 2-4 business days after dispatch.
- Within Europe: 3-8 working days after dispatch.
- To other international countries: 5-12 working days after dispatch.
Please see other time frames below under Delayed Parcels.
IMPORTANT: It's advisable to order in advance of any personal requirements such as birthday/gift/college course deadlines to allow for dispatch and transit time.
We include your email address and phone number on the postal label so as if there is an issue with delivery, it may be a point of contact for the person delivering. If you wish for this information not to be included on your label, please state this in the Note Section at the time of ordering.
Standard Shipping: Ireland & the Rest of the World
A flat rate Postage and Packaging fee of €5.00* applies to packages sent to Ireland and UK. If the order is over €50 then delivery is free of charge to these two countries.
Delivery fee to the rest of Europe is €20 no matter what the value of the order is.
*Standard shipping does not come with a tracking number and is not insured.
**Some products have fixed shipping rates as stated on product page.
Courier Service: within 32 Counties of Ireland
We offer a delivery service option using courier. Please ensure you provide the correct contact telephone number when ordering so as the courier can reach you upon delivery. The courier will call you before delivery therefore it's important to answer the call. Average Delivery time is between 24-48 hours from the time of dispatch.
Lost or Delayed Packages (Standard Post)
99% of the time, standard post is very effective and efficient. In the event that a customer reports a package undelivered after the estimated time of delivery , we then aim to track the delayed or missing package with a “missing parcel investigation". This will ensure we find out where exactly the item is e.g. if it's been delivered and where to. The system has proven very effective for us. Please note: we cannot send out a repeat order/refund until we retrieve the missing item.
Note: The company will not be responsible for missing items should you give postal instruction other than your own address such as "if not in, leave in rubbish bin at back of house" or "leave in neighbour's porch" or any instructions of such nature.
Delayed Packages could be due to a slow transit country. This can vary according to customs and post office policies in each country.
We cannot file a missing parcel claim until this time period has passed as your parcel may still be in transit.
Returned Packages as a result of “Not being picked up” or “Not possible to deliver to customer”.
Should we receive a parcel which has been undelivered and returned to us, we will notify you. In this instance, payment will be required to resend the item. Should you not wish for the item to be resent, credit or a refund will be issued less original shipping charges.