What are NiQuitin Minis and what are they used for:
- NiQuitin Minis are used for relief of nicotine withdrawal symptoms and cravings. This type of treatment is called Nicotine Replacement Therapy or NRT. NiQuitin Minis come in two strengths, each strength comes in its own pack
- NiQuitin Mini 1.5mg Mint Lozenges are for smokers who smoke 20 cigarettes or less a day
- NiQuitin Mini 4mg Mint Lozenges are for smokers who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day
- Sufficient lozenges should be used each day, usually 8-12, up to a maximum of 15. Continue use for up to six weeks to break the habit of smoking, then gradually reduce lozenge use. When daily use is 1-2 lozenges, use should be stopped.
- The active substance is nicotine 1.5mg or 4mg (in the form of a resin complex called nicotine resinate).
- The other ingredients are mannitol (E421), sodium alginate (E401), xanthan gum (E415), potassium bicarbonate (E501), calcium polycarbophil, sodium carbonate anhydrous (E500), acesulfame potassium (E950), flavourings, magnesium stearate (E470b).
- NiQuitin Minis are sugar free
Directions for Use:
- Please follow the enclosed instructions or use as directed by your doctor.
Benefits & features:
- Comes in 1.5mg or 4mg to let you choose the right strength based on how many cigarettes you smoke
- Available in 20’s and 60’s
- Do not use NiQuitin Minis if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to nicotine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine (see ingredients section above)
- Do not use NiQuitin Minis If you are a non-smoker, occasional smoker or under the age of 12 years
- Talk to your healthcare professional if you are taking any other medicines
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- If you feel the need to use NiQuitin Minis for longer than 9 months in total, you should ask a healthcare professional for advice
- NiQuitin Minis should only be used by adolescents (12-17 years inclusive) with advice from a healthcare professional.
- NiQuitin Minis are not recommended for use in children below the age of 12
Talk to your healthcare professional before using NiQuitin Minis if you have/are:
- Heart or circulation problems including recent heart attack, stroke, angina, high blood pressure or occlusive peripheral artery disease
- Allergic reactions
- If you have allergic eczema or dermatitis
- A history of epilepsy or fits
- If you have stomach or duodenal ulcers
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Severe or moderate liver or severe kidney problems
- Uncontrolled overactive thyroid gland or a tumour of the adrenal gland
- Stomach or duodenal ulcers or an inflamed oesophagus or gullet
- Concerns about becoming dependent on this product