Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is used in the treatment of scabies and crab lice infections. Lyclear Cream contains permethrin 5% w/w.
You Must Be Aged Over 18 Years to Purchase This Product.
Who can use?
This product is for use in adults, children and babies over 2 years.
Children under 2 years should only use this item under close medical supervision.
How to use?
- · Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool.
- · If you take a warm bath prior to treatment, the skin should be allowed to cool before the cream is applied.
- · Carefully apply a thin layer of the cream to the skin.
- · The cream rubs easily into the skin. It is not necessary to apply more cream until you can see it on the surface.
- · Usually a single application clears the infection. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, consult your doctor.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are pregnant and when you are breastfeeding, please speak to your doctor before using this medication.
Driving and using machines
This medication may be used while driving or operating machines.
Possible side effects
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
Itching (pruritus), reddening of the skin or unusual sensations on the skin (paraesthesia) such as tingling, prickling, skin burning sensation as well as dry skin are common. However, such symptoms can also occur as a result of the disease itself. Moisturisers and bath oils are recommended as follow up treatment for dry skin. The itching and a skin rash (post-scabies eczema) may persist for up to 4 weeks after the end of treatment. This is caused by a reaction to the killed scabies mites.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE EACH OF CHILDREN.
READ THE PATIENT LEAFLET BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.
How to Use
- Carfeully apply a thin layer of Lyclear Cream to the skin.
- Adults should apply the cream uniformly to the whole body including the neck, palms of the hands and soles of the feet
- Apply cream carefully to include between the fingers and toes (also under the finger and toe-nails), the wrists, elbows, armpits, external genitalia and the buttocks
- The whole body should be washed thoroughly 8-12 hours after treatment
Treatment of Scabies – How Much Lyclear Cream To Use
Adults and children over 12 years: Apply up to 30 g of cream (one 30g tube)
Children aged from 6-12 years: Apply up to 15 g of cream (½ of a 30g tube)
Children aged from 2-5 years: Up to 7.5 g of cream ( ¼ of a 30g tube).
The active substance is permethrin (5% w/w equivalent to 50 mg/g).