Canesten Thrush Combi Pessary & External Cream is a complete treatment for vaginal thrush because it treats both the internal cause and external symptoms.
Designed for comfort, the single-dose soft gel pessary is easy to insert and effectively clears the thrush infection. The pack also contains a tube of double strength thrush cream* to be used externally to calm the symptoms such as itchiness and soreness. The cream should be used 2 or 3 times a day until the symptoms completely disappear.
Preparation and Usage:
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- (Ages 16 to 60): Wash your hands before and after using the soft gel pessary and cream.
- Insert the soft gel pessary into the vagina preferably at night using the applicator provided and apply the cream thinly to the affected area 2 to 3 times a day.
- If no improvement is seen after 7 days consult your doctor.
- For use in and around the vagina only
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- You should only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having thrush.
- If you are pregnant or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Thrush Combi. Medicines can affect the unborn baby.
- As with other creams, this product may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. That is why it is better that you use alternative precautions for at least five days after using Canesten Thrush Combi.
- Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides or other vaginal products while using Canesten Thrush Combi.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse while you have thrush and during treatment with Canesten Thrush Combi because your partner may become infected.
- Do not use this product during your period as it may be less effective.